Fencibles United AFC kicked off the 2014 season firing on all cylinders after signing a sponsorship agreement with three local McDonald’s restaurants.
The sponsorship, which is split between Ti Rakau 500, Botany Town Centre and Pakuranga McDonald’s, will provide the club with various forms of support, managing annual running costs and increasing fundraising opportunities.
Fencibles Vice Chairman Paul Burns believes the sponsorship will be hugely beneficial to the club and its 1,600 playing members.
CLICK HERE to download and read the full press release
We will have a number of teams each week playing at Barry Curtis Park click here for the pitch layout
No games will start before 10am at Barry Curtis, so with this in mind if your game starts at 10am you will need to come to William Green to the light room, (which will be unlocked by 7am on each Saturday, they are the big green doors on the right hand side of the building) and pick up out of the appropriately numbered bin to your playing pitch number , your nets, corner flags and net pegs (do not take the bin). For example this weekend the 13th grade Div3 team are first up on pitch 3 so Robbie Smith would need to come up and collect the gear out of bin number 3 before going to the park. At the end of that game we have another 3 Fencibles games on so at the end of the last game Fencibles U17/2C Ansell, then Tony will bring the gear back to William Green and put the gear back into bin 3.
IMPORTANT NOTE- If the game after you is NOT a Fencibles team then you are to remove the gear completely from the pitch and bring it back to WG. No other clubs are to use our gear unless you have been informed by the club prior to the playing day.
Through the use of the unique Practice Play methodology, PREMIER SKILLS aims to develop individualistic, skilful players in all positions with outstanding game understanding. With the TRAIN LIKE A PROFESSIONAL course, players will have the opportunity to work in a top class UK/Europe academy environment and be exposed to elite level coaching. For flyer click here
For the 2014 Term 1 holidays we are running the following course:
AUCKLAND / FENCIBLES
Dates: 29 April - 1 May 2014 (3 days)
Venue: Fencibles Utd, William Green Domain, Pakuranga, Auckland
• Open to players aged 6-16.
• Each course will run from 9am to 3pm each day
This great new offer is open to club members who may be looking into changing their insurances or mortgages.
All people who undertake a financial fitness check could help benefit themselves and the club.
Services supplied by James Hanley - Registered Financial Adviser - 021 0229 2279
William Green schedule as at 24th March 2014, please adhere to your times on and off and pitch allocation. Most sessions are only 1 hour. Remember we do not have enough space and times for all teams to train on William Green as we would like but are doing our best. Riverhills is available also. For latest schedule click here
Order your Fencibles gear online ASAP. Do not wait for the last week before the season starts as it takes a few days to courier out your gear. Season starts April 5th. Online Order instructions below
login to "clubhub member login" (left side on the website) Use your member login sent when you registered to login to clubhub
select "tasks" then select "purchases and bookings" then select your items to order and pay online by credit card
Goods will be batched with other orders for sending to the supplier. All orders are then couriered to your delivery address. Please make sure you have your correct delivery address in clubhub, no post boxes. Please also ensure you have a mobile phone number in clubhub encase we need to contact you.
Fencibles Gear at "Meanfeet" - Limited stocks of Fencibles gear including shirts and jackets will be available at the Meanfeet store, 128 Apirana Ave Glen Innes. They also stock a full range of boots, shinpads etc.
Following the Fencibles AGM and after ratification by the elected commitee the fees for Fencibles for Season 2014 are as follows:
Junior $155 per player
Youth $185 per player
Under 19 $225 per player
Seniors $4,080 per team minimum of 16 players
Seniors $300 bond
Should there be any queries to any of these prices please contact your applicable club captain/representative
Junior (5-9) and Youth (10-19) should register using clubhub online registration system. Senior players should contact there manager from last season or the Mens Senior club captain Mike Trelewsky or Womens Senior Club Captain Danna Mandry
Fencibles online registration system clubhub is for new and existing members. Early registration especially in the Youth Grades, will ensure we have your email address for important club updates and trials information for some youth grades.
Online registration instructions:
1. For both new and returning player registrations click the "clubhub member login" on the left of our website home page
2. Players returning and can remember their username and password from last season use it now on this screen. Check and edit your details as required, follow the on screen instructions to complete registration and payment.
3. New players or if you cannot remember your login from last season click (please register me now) and follow the instructions on screen and below.
4. Click (register player)
5. Fill in player registration completing all fields especially the mandatory fields. Each player must have a seperate registration. (continue)
6. Once all required fields are completed successfully the screen will tell you it was successful and indicate the grade of the player. (continue)
7. You can now register a second player if you need to.
8. Once all players are registered you must register a parent (no cost) to be linked to the player. You can register more than one parent or caregiver at this time and is useful if you have more than one email address that you would like club information sent to. (continue)
9. Once all complete (continue) and (ok)
10. Additional volunteer information screen will now come up. We always need helpers to Coach, Share Coach, Assistant Coach or Manage teams so please volunteer. Even if you have limited time to offer then note the details so the conveners know how you can help. (continue)
11. Your outstanding fees will now be displayed and an opportunity to make an additional donation is available (donations over $5 will be deductible on your tax return) (continue)
12. Confirm your registration to add your details to our database (ok)
13. Make payment now using your credit card, our preferred method as it means your payment will be shown against your registration automatically. All other payment methos require additional volunteer administration involvement. Your registration is now complete.
Please click on the links below to read the 2013 Chairman's report presented at the AGM held earlier in December and the 2013 Role of Honour listing our players and teams that achieve higher honours during the last season.
The Annual General Meeting for 2013 was held on Monday 9th December 7.30pm at the Riverhills Park Club Rooms.
Thank you to those members who took the time to come and review the past season and contribute to the future direction of the club.
Robust debate was had on a number of matters and many good suggestions were made from the floor which the new committee will take on board as we move into planning for the new season and beyond.
The committee is always open to new ideas and very keen to have more members contribute to the successful running of the club. Please do not hesitate to contact anyone on the committee or a section club captain if you have a suggestion that will assist the club to run more successfully from a football or financial perspective, however we may also need your help and expertise to implement as the committee is often bogged down with day to day issues that arise.
The 2014 season is going to be exciting for the club with the first full year of utilising our Director of Coaching Roger Wilkinson and the new William Green facility. Planning is already underway as to how we best get support out to our volunteer coaches in 2014, which in turn will help all members in their development as footballers.
Have a safe holiday break and we look forward to seeing you all in 2014.
Mens first team player Paulo Montino claimed the Division 2 honour, finishing with 45 percent of the vote, as his club side missed out on promotion to Division 1 by just two points. Montino finished ahead of Western Springs AFC’s Sam Burfoot (19 percent) and Oratia United AFC’s Stu Roberts (12 percent).
Womens first team player Hannah Wall claimed the Women’s Premier League prize as the former Football Fern finished top of the voting process (17 percent of the vote). Wall, who headlined her team’s effort in reaching the top six of the Women’s Premier League, finished ahead of the likes of Caitlin Campbell (12 percent - Glenfield Rovers), Rebecca Tegg (10 percent - Eastern Suburbs AFC) and league Golden Boot winner Helen Collins (7 percent - Claudelands Rovers
Fencibles United AFC are delighted to announce the appointment of Roger Wilkinson as Director of Coaching at their Howick/Pakuranga based football academy.
To read the full press release click here.
We would like to point out to all members that all Council owned facilities, including open spaces such as parks and sports grounds are required to be smoke free. This includes all areas in the Riverhills and William Green Clubroom facilities (including the outside decks) As we operate on council owned facilities we are required to abide by this ruling and would ask all members and visitors to respect it.
Chairmans Report 2011 -click here
Roll of Honour list 2011 - click here